Sunday 27 May 2012

Week 1- News Show Groups


Today we were split into two groups for our back-timed news programs. As a group we decided on having two team captains to choose their groups and then we would begin producing our own VT's. The two team captains were Ashley and Josh, as voted by the class.

My team:

  • Josh
  • Luke
  • Kas
  • Imogen
  • Ezra
  • Luis
  • Rebecca
  • Joe
  • Andy Greenland
  • Nabeel
Josh picked me first on his team so me and him decided together on who to pick for our teams. We were deciding on filling up spots that we thought would be set up for certain individuals. It was important get a presenter and although our first pick was Erin, she was already picked by Ashley's team so we decided to get Rebecca as our presenter. I don't see much difference in the two except that Erin has had more experience in previous work presenting so she would have more confidence in doing it.

For my idea I decided to produce a VT on the media coverage on the Israel-Palestine conflict. The reason I decided to do this is because I believe the coverage that it gets is not very fair on the Palestinians. After watching a few news packages I saw that the major broadcasts that didn't give the best coverage were BBC and Fox News. Below is some footage from BBC and Fox News to prove my argument.

BBC News



Fox News


No comments:

Post a Comment